Thursday, May 13, 2010

My First Post - May 2010

I, a fictional character, now proceed to establish my self. I am myself Isabo Emilia Navarr-d'Anjou, also known as Mrs. Inigo Montoya. My ancestry and parentage is distinguished, my own character without fault, save that I do not attend the Holy Mysteries as often as I should or would like. But what can I say? our travel schedule is erratic. When I find myself in the vicinity of a church and able to attend service, I go.

I feel myself a creature outside time in some ways. Not as Our Lord and God is outside time, that is, within Eternity, but somehow my own life is bound loosely to the stable thread of chronology. I once had a chain-linked rosary from which some beads had broken, leaving just the metal thread, and my fingers had to pause in their jump from bead to bead and add in the appropriate prayer without the physical object intended for that sequence. In similar ways I feel I have skipped through moments of time within my own lifetime. I had a beginning, I will have an end, but the flow and pattern of my life has been. . .interrupted.

My mother had some things to say about this, my father a few more - my husband very little, but we are living in a very moment-to-moment existence. God willing, I shall have more time to explore all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment